Psychologist Susan David shares how being courageous with our emotions is not only powerful, but a gift of life. Susan studies emotional agility, which is the psychology of our emotions and how we can use them to help us navigate through life more lovingly and successfully.
“Tough emotions are part of our contract with life” she explains. “Discomfort is the price of admission to a meaningful life.”
Some of the other points she covers in this talk include:
- What “emotional agility” is
- What “false positivity” is and it’s effects
- Why we shouldn’t ignore our emotions
- Stress versus Emotions
- How emotions are data
- The useful distinction between noticing our emotions versus being our emotions
- The power of normalising our emotions
- Courage and emotions.